Updated Monday, December 14, 2020 by Deedub Inc. founder Dave Woods.
I believe that privacy is a human right, and the key to privacy is mutual understanding and consent. That’s why I’ve written this Privacy Promise in plain-spoken language you can easily understand.
First, let’s define some terms:
- This Privacy Promise covers all Deedub Inc. websites, including deedubinc.com, frictionfixer.com, and accessibility.love.
- For brevity, I’m going to refer to Deedub Inc. as “Deedub” throughout the remainder of this Privacy Promise.
- When I refer to “privacy,” I’m specifically referring to the privacy of digital information.
- Digital information generally falls into two categories:
- Personally-Identifiable Information
(e.g.: name, email address, device IP address, a complete log of all pages you’ve visited on a website, etc.)
- Anonymous / Non-Personally-Identifiable Information
(e.g.: overall visits to a website, visits to a single webpage, average time spent on a webpage, the number of times a link is clicked in an email newsletter, etc. — all of which is collected without any indication as to who was behind those activities)
- Personally-Identifiable Information
- These days, the two most well-known and comprehensive privacy laws are:
- The European Union’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- The State of California’s CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act)
With those terms defined, I promise that Deedub:
- Will never sell any type of digital information to third parties.
- Only collects a bare-minimum amount of Personally-Identifiable Information, and only:
- When communicating with prospective or current clients.
- When a person chooses to join the Deedub mailing list by subscribing through a signup form on a Deedub website (learn more about email marketing and subscriptions).
- Utilizes strong passwords on all digital accounts and cloud services where information is stored.
- Is here to answer your questions about privacy practices, tell you which of your personal info we have on file, and delete that personal info upon request. Please direct your privacy questions or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or 855.433.3382.
It’s also important to note that some provisions of both the GDPR and CCPA do not apply to Deedub because I simply do not engage in the types of activities that certain segments of these laws were intended to prevent.
Additional information about:
Website cookies and analytics
Instead of using a typical website analytics service (like Google Analytics) that disrespects privacy and harvests lots of Personally-Identifiable Information, I use a privacy-focused service called Fathom Analytics on all Deedub websites.
Fathom is great because it uses no cookies, it doesn’t follow your activity around the web, and it only collects Anonymous / Non-Personally-Identifiable Information.
For example, if you visit two pages on a Deedub website, I’ll know what two pages were visited, and for how long — but I won’t know who visited them because Fathom does not collect your computer’s IP address.
Bottom line: I only want to know how well Deedub website content is performing. I have zero interest in personally profiling you when you visit a Deedub website, nor do I want to help others (like Google or Facebook) profile you.
As an added bonus: Because Fathom uses no cookies, I don’t have to bother you with annoying GDPR banners on Deedub websites (hooray!).
Email marketing and subscriptions
I send occasional email messages to my subscribers (usually once or twice per month, but never more than once per week) using the Mailchimp email marketing platform.
I call my email messages “helpletters” rather than newsletters because they contain primarily helpful and educational content. That said, occasionally, my email messages are promotional in nature to announce a new Deedub product or service.
I only send email messages to people who have chosen to opt-in via a form on a Deedub website. I do not manually add subscribers without their consent, nor do I obtain email addresses from third parties.
When you subscribe to my list using a form on a Deedub website, I only collect the following information:
- Your first name
- Your email address
- The date you originally subscribed
- The address of the specific web page where you subscribed
- Any questions you ask, or ideas you want to share, that could be answered or featured in a future helpletter (this is completely optional and not required to subscribe)
After you subscribe, I also collect the following information with each email message I send:
- Whether or not you opened the email message
- When you opened the email message
- How many times you opened the email message
- Which links you clicked within the email message
This information is collected to determine your preferences so that I can continually improve my email content and personalize future messages.
Each email message I send features a clear and concise footer with a reminder of how you subscribed to the list, plus clickable links to unsubscribe or update your profile.
Future updates to this Privacy Promise
This page will be updated anytime there are changes to Deedub’s privacy practices, or whenever significant changes are made to Deedub websites (or other methods of communication) that have an impact on privacy.